Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2: The Commitment Continues

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m going to be posting each day this month. This is clearly going to be quite the endeavor for me; however, my perception of this monumental task is skewed because I am also going to try to complete NaNoWriMo. Compared to writing 50,000 words that form a coherent plot, writing a couple of disjointed paragraphs each day should be simple!
Of course, what this all really comes down to is having another distraction from schoolwork that I can consider “productive.” In October that distraction was the gym, but I would like a break from eighteen hours a week at the gym…twelve or so should serve me just fine for November. The idea, though, of these productive distractions is that I can engage in them for copious amounts of time instead of doing my homework, and not feel guilty. For example, right now: I have a 1,500-2,000 word paper to write by tomorrow, it’s almost 9:00, and I have yet to begin. But THIS is NECESSARY. Cheers to writing initiatives!
All right, I believe this has been a successful second-day blog post. I leave you with a heartwarming story and low expectations for the quality of this essay.

No comments: